Happy Mother's Day to all my girls. I know there are a lot of you who are new mother's and I wish you a fantastic day. You deserve the greatest day ever!!!!
So, what did I do today?
1. Slept in until 11 a.m. Yes, 11 a.m. Rob and I are taking full advantage of our sleep time since we know that is short lived. Maybe, just maybe, Peyton will be like Havick and Gracie and will sleep in with us. HA! Yeah right!
2. Had a nice lunch and went to see Spiderman. Yup, once again, taking advantage of our alone time sans Peyton. I know we have Dad here, but I think we're going to prefer sitting around with Miss Thing instead of attending a movie.
3. Put together the crib and the glider. It looks so cute. Rob put together the crib and I put together the glider. They were really easy to do. The dogs watched every move and we kept trying to explain that this was Peyton's new bed. Gracie could care less. She even went to the extent of stealing Peyton's little giraffe animal. Rob gave her a stern talking to :)
That's about it. I know I have some updating to do since it's been like 3 weeks since I last wrote.
Here are the upcoming events:
- May 18th Picerne baby shower
- Memorial Day weekend - hang out with Rachel and JD and Lorelai
- June 2nd Karen and Rachel are throwing me a baby shower
Feelings about the pregnancy:
- a little nervous
- anxious that there's a lot to do and a lot to still buy (or get if I'm lucky with my presents)
- worried about the whole delivery thing, but keep thinking that it shouldn't be too bad and it's just one moment in my life. Hopefully everything will go smooth.
- more concerned about having a baby here at home and having to care for it
- sad about what Rob will miss (jump forward to update on Rob)
Rob update:
So Rob was finally able to go talk with his new Battalion about his future with Civil Affairs. He is going to be assigned to Charlie Company, 97th Civil Affairs BN. The good news is that he will deploy to the Philippines. The kind of bad news is that he will probably go in November. I say it's kind of bad news because it's better than him leaving in September or before November. We're hoping it's an 6-8 month deployment, but I'm preparing for a year. Either way when he gets back Peyton will be able to walk to him. That's crazy. I hope he's able to take some time before he goes to spend quality time with his wife and new baby. Once again, thank god my Dad lives with us. I can't even imagine having a 4 month old and Rob leaving. I must say I give a lot of credit to my friends who are doing it and who have done it (Amy, Jo, Breta, Brandy, Heidi and the list goes on and on.) It's a tough life, but we love our military men and that's why we do it.
Alright, well, time to go grab something to eat. In case you didn't read the ticker above...I have 49 days left. Yes - 49!!!!! How crazy is that.
6 comments:
I'm so glad y'all are taking time and enjoying each other and free time.
I live 3 miles from you, am your best friend (well, at least in NC) and I still haven't seen that darn nursery yet. I need to now see the crib and rocker. We NEED to get together again.
Storm will be here Memorial Day. We still haven't done squat for our "party." Guess we probably won't really have one. Just you guys and Storm. Truthfully, I'm okay with that.
I can not BELIEVE you are 49 days away! I am so excited for you. I'm feeling a little jealous, but don't know why! I'm just soooo excited. I'm glad that JD and I are waiting for Peyton before we leave town. I can't believe that we have to leave right after you have her. That makes me sad. Not that you need ME here, but I feel like I'm abandoning you.
I'm glad Rob's been assigned now. At least y'all can do a little more preparation knowing more of what's going on.
Well, I have to go to bed. I'm TIRED! Wow - 49 days!
ooh - one more thing. Your ticker says that Peyton is almost 18 inches long. I have a feeling that she's far surpassed that already!
Love, ME
I guess maybe the good thing about his deployment is that she should be about 4 months and honestly by the 12 week mark, you will have it down. Hopefully you will have a sleeper too.
I am so happy for you. This is such an exciting time! Its crazy to think that it was 2 years ago for me! Time flies!!!
I don't know what concerns you about the delivery, but its not that bad. People think I am crazy every time I say it, but I siad it right after she was born even and I think I told you too. So its hard work but its nothing compared to Jan Allen's preseason workout :) (Of course, I did have an epidural.) If it is about the baby's health and safety- They monitor you both so closely that if there are any medical issues that baby can be out of there in no time flat.
So that is my unsolicited advice or whatever. It will be ok!
Anyway, enjoy these next 49 (give or take) days! THings will never be the same, but in a good way :)
Hey, something to think about... Deric and I bought 2 video cameras and I send him weekly videos of Kailey growing up. I take the camera everywhere to catch as much of her as I can. He feels so apart of her growing up. Photos dont show how cute they are when they smile and giggle. He then sends videos back and speaks to her so she can hear his voice. Use it dont use it.....
Thanks ladies for all the advice. I really appreciate it. I am going to definitely use the video camera idea. I think Rob's digital camera does it too. I was going to at least tape him reading some stories so I could play those everyday. I just don't want her to not know who he is when he gets back.
Becs - so funny you said that because I was thinking that if I can get through Jan Allen's preseason b-ball routine then I can pop a baby out. No worries. I'm hoping for an epidural. I think in the grand scheme of things I'll be fine. I like to get all worked up and then be like "oh, that was so easy!" LOL!!!
-Kel
OMG.. I cannot believe it's getting so close! I'm so glad about Rob. I mean where he's going and all. You will do great, you'll be a wonderful mom! Girl, Addyson didn't walk until she was 13 mos. Even if Rob is gone 8mos she still might not be walking! So Charlie Company huh? Don't think I know anyone over there, but now I do! Take Care,
Amy
Hey Kel, wow time really does fly...I just read your ticker, 47 days to go, and it said that you may or may not have newly formed "canckles"...at least it's hot enough to wear sandles! =) Christine
Post a Comment