A little political shout out - to all my loyal readers (ha!) make sure you VOTE tomorrow. It is incredibly important that you access your right to vote. Dear Peyton -
You will read about this election in your history books when you are in school. In fact, it will probably be a quiz question. The question will say "who was the first woman to hold a position in the White House?" Or, it might say "who was the first African American to be President?" Either way, this race is historical. You will think that your Dad and I are old because we actually voted in this election. You'll think it was so long ago that this took place. No matter what you think about our age, just know that we did take part and we encourage you to form your own ideas and political opinions. We hope that they are aligned with what we believe, but if they aren't then we just ask that you have a good answer when your Father asks "why" because you know he will. When you get a chance ask us about how we felt during this time in our lives and how we reacted to the decision that will be made tomorrow (probably not until later because I'm sure there will be some drama that will extend the decision.)
Love, Mom and Dad
4 comments:
Nice post. I was going to put something up on my blog reminding people, but I haven't gotten around to it.
I came to see Snow White, but this was nice (although not as cute as Snow White).
That was a good entry, Kel.
Great entry!
What a great post!
Post a Comment