Thursday, August 16, 2007

CONGRATULATIONS ROB

Good news - Rob found out today that he made the promotion list for Major. Woohoo! We don't have the actual list so we're not sure when he will be promoted, but he's definitely on the list so within the next 6 months he'll be promoted. Wow - MAJOR DOUGLAS. That's just so funny to me because I've really only known him as Captain Douglas. We met when he was a Lieutenant, but I knew nothing about the military at that point so I'm not counting that rank.

So that's that. More money honey. That's always a good thing. If he's here when he's promoted then we will have a promotion party. If not, then I might just have one :) I think mine will include a nice shopping spree or maybe a trip to visit some friends....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!

Huse Yo Mama said...

Yay! Congratulations! I'm laughing that JD will have to salute him now. Well, okay, not laughing, but.....snickering.

And - by "some friends" do you mean the Huses, by chance? Cuz, your room is ready!

Anonymous said...

Herlihy's have a room too! And we'd love to be invited to the promotion party. I may have a husband by then too who could join me!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Douglas family!!!

j.d. said...

dangit - I knew it was coming, but come on...Rob outranking me is one thing, but I'm sure Rob can join me in thinking of at least a few of our classmates that I'll definitely have to be corrected on for not saluting...
Rob, go ahead a prepare the famous line from MAJ Winters, "Captain Sobel...... we salute the rank not the man." (a Band of Brothers reference)
Anyways, congratulations Rob...there's not a more deserving name on that list...

Lori said...

Sweet!! CONGRATS!!!

Hopefully Rob will still be there - the pinning makes a great Kodak moment with Peyton too :-)

LOL @ shopping spree :-)

Joanne and Deric said...

Did anyone say party??????

Congrats Rob! Great news.....